Some patients do experience sensitivity following teeth whitening but it’s totally temporary. The bleaching gel opens the pores in your teeth. The tooth, believe it or not, has pores just like in your skin. The gel will open the pores and draw the the external stain out of those pores and it lightens the teeth. If you’re opening the pores of the teeth, sure you’re pulling stain out of the teeth, but you’re also making the tooth more permeable, and more sensitive to cold or hot things as well.
It’s definitely 100% temporary. It doesn’t last very long, in some cases it only lasts a couple of hours or not even. In other cases it lasts a couple of days, but typically no more than two or three days. As far as any other risks that are involved absolutely none.
Everything in moderation. I mean, I’ve had these patients become obsessive over it and they’re bleaching their teeth for months and months at a time. Will that wear away the enamel? Yes, absolutely.
So does sipping on soda all day, soda is extremely acidic. The acid is going to eat away at your teeth over time, without a doubt, just as orange juice would or grapefruit juice. All these sort of things are damaging to the teeth if you’re abusing it in some way. It’s no more damaging than that. You just have to obviously do it in moderation.