All who need teeth alignment reach, eventually, the same decision-making point: Invisalign vs. braces. Which is better? What do you need? If you want to learn more about such orthodontic solutions, our Invisalign in Fort Lauderdale FL experts are here today to clarify the long-lasting Invisalign vs. braces debate.
Invisalign vs. Braces: The Pros and Cons of These Solutions
Invisalign Fort Lauderdale FL specialists have plenty of experience with this type of dental aligners, although they do also apply braces treatments to some of their patients. However, to help you make an educated choice, you need to understand the benefits and disadvantages of both orthodontic treatments.
Pros and Cons of Invisalign
- Invisalign aligners are transparent and almost invisible when the patient smiles or talks.
- The Invisalign material is soft, flexible, and smooth, feeling more like a mouth guard;
- One critical point to make in the Invisalign vs. braces debate is the former’s added comfort. Due to the material used and the lack of metallic parts, prongs, wires, and brackets, Invisalign makes patients’ life more comfortable and with no risk of pain or mouth injuries;
- Invisalign are removable clear plastic trays people wear daily; you should replace them every six weeks with tighter trays;
- They need minimal maintenance; the Invisalign Fort Lauderdale FL experts will advise you on how to clean and maintain your Invisalign aligners.
- One drawback of Invisalign is that experts do not usually recommend them to treat critical orthodontic problems, as Invisalign has limited power in aligning severely crooked teeth.
Pros and Cons of Braces
- Braces are still the traditional treatment for severe orthodontic problems and crooked/damaged teeth;
- Modern braces are safer and more aesthetic than they used to be;
- Typically, braces are more affordable than other orthodontic solutions;
- As cons go, braces feature metallic components, wires, brackets, and prongs that are uncomfortable and can cause pain and mouth injuries.
- If you do not clean braces correctly, they can entertain bacterial growth, gum diseases, inflammations, and so on.
Who Wins in the Invisalign vs. Braces Competition?
It is not a competition. Most people nowadays prefer Invisalign for the comfort it offers. Nevertheless, the first thing to do is consult your Invisalign Fort Lauderdale FL experts. They will ultimately decide on the best course of treatment. Your Invisalign vs. braces choice depends on the severity of your dental problems, compliance issues, lifestyle, budget, and more. If you want a straight and beautiful smile, let our dental experts in Fort Lauderdale, FL, evaluate the situation and make recommendations!