The use of a dental crown in dentistry is a commonplace procedure used with both a cosmetic and restorative purpose. Crowns can make the subject of treatment in both children and adults. The procedure is non-invasive and the result can last you for decades. If you want to learn more about our dental crowns Aventura FL applications, here is what our specialists have to say about them!
What are Dental Crowns?
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap placed by your dentist over a tooth so it covers the tooth. Its main purpose is to restore the tooth’s shape, size, and strength, and to improve its appearance.
The dental crowns are usually cemented into place and they fully encase the entire visible portion of a tooth that lies at and above the gum line.
When Are Dental Crowns Needed?
Dental crowns are used in a myriad of situations and they have several purposes:
- They protect a weak tooth: from decay or breaking
- They are also used to hold together parts of a cracked tooth that can still be salvaged instead of being extracted
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn and torn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when the dentist doesn’t have much of a tooth to work with
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshapen or severely discolored / stained teeth
- To cover a dental implant
- To complete other cosmetic teeth restorations
What Are Dental Crowns Made of?
Usually, modern crowns are made of porcelain, ceramic, or resin, but in some cases your doctor can recommend you stainless steel dental crowns, metal alloys, or porcelain-fused-to-metal. Your doctor will be the one to recommend you a certain type of crown depending on the crown’s purpose and your cosmetic requirements.
What Should You Know about our Dental Crowns Aventura FL Services?
We work only with biocompatible materials, equipment, and techniques. For permanent crowns we work with licensed and certified laboratories and expert ceramists. Our doctors have nearly 60 years of clinical experience and they undergo continuous training to offer all our patients the latest and safest dental treatments.
The most important thing you need to know is that we offer all dental services under one roof. We won’t send you to get your cavity treated somewhere else and then come back for our dental crowns Aventura FL services, but treat you A to Z.