Do you have cracked, discolored, chipped, misaligned or uneven teeth defiling your perfect smile? A quick cosmetic veneers procedure in Fort Lauderdale, FL, can rectify that today and permanently! Dental veneers are one of the most popular restorative dentistry procedures.
Why? You could easily mistake veneers for natural teeth as they look, feel and function naturally. Lab tests also attest to this, as even long after the veneers procedure, they are said to portray the same quality vibrancy and functionality still.
So, are you ready to learn how our specialists install veneers in Fort Lauderdale, FL? Read on.
The Step-by-Step Process of Installing Porcelain and Resin Veneers
There are two major types of veneers, namely resin and porcelain. Each veneer is installed slightly differently as porcelain requires teeth preparations, while resin doesn’t need that. We’ll take you through both procedures simultaneously.
- Step 1: Consultation –After successfully booking an appointment and visiting our clinic, our veneers doctors will sit down with you to discuss and determine if veneers are the right option for your restoration needs. We’ll thoroughly examine your teeth conditions, take x-rays and discuss your goals for getting veneers. Next, we’ll show you mock-ups (preview images of what your results will look like) and make sure you understand the process from start to finish.
- Step 2: Teeth Preparation – If you choose porcelain veneers, our specialists will have to prepare your teeth to create room for the veneers. This is through removing a thin layer of your enamel and slightly polishing it for a perfect fit. If you choose resin veneers, you’ll skip this process.
- Step 3: Taking Impressions – Our dentists will take impressions of your teeth using a special mold. The mold is sent to our labs for our specialists to create customized veneers that fit you perfectly.
- Step 4: Installing Temporary Veneers – This step is only necessary for those who choose porcelain veneers. You’re fitted with temporary veneers as your permanent ones are being made to protect your teeth from physical deformation or other issues that might ruin your enamel-removed teeth. Temporary veneers also enable you to get a feel, look and impression of how your permanent veneers will look like. If you’re unhappy with them, adjustments to suit your demands will be made on the permanent veneers.
- Step 5: Fitting Permanent Veneers –The dentist will remove the temporary veneers and install the permanent ones. For resin veneers, they jump right to this step after step 3 (above), where the specialist takes the impressions and makes them permanent veneers. The veneer doctor will then apply special bonding material to securely fit the veneers to your teeth.
Lastly, the dentist will check your veneers to ensure everything is fine and recommend best practices for caring for and maintaining your veneers.
Get Your Veneers Procedure in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Are you considering veneers? Be sure to get your veneers procedure in Fort Lauderdale, FL, done by professionals for the best long-lasting results. JJ Dental has been installing veneers for decades, and our specialists use modern technology to tailor-make veneer solutions that match your needs and expectations. Contact us now to book your veneer consultation!